OptoJump Next: Gait & Functional/Biomechanical Evaluations
Optojump is an optical measurement system consisting of a transmitting and receiving bar. Thanks to small cameras that can be positioned as desired, Optojump allows the recording of images, flight and contact times during a performance with an accuracy of 1/1000 of a second.
At Santiago Chiropractic Associates, we use Optojump Next for a variety of purposes:
- Assess an athlete’s performance and physical condition
- Rapidly identify muscular deficiencies and measure tolerance to various work loads
- Develop customized and diversified training based on the test results
- Periodically check the results of training
- Examine the physical condition of an athlete after an injury to develop specific actions for rehabilitation and check progress
- Perform pre and post-surgical gait and function assessments to track progress of rehabilitation
- Motivate athletes by giving them tangible proof of the progress made through their chiropractic treatment and/or training
If you are interested in learning more about OptoJump Next, please visit the website or ask one of the doctors during your next appointment for a demonstration of the equipment.